Hon. Minister of Forestry and Environment
Siti Nurbaya Bakar
At the end of April 2015, Ministry of Forestry and Environment (LHK Ministry) issued: (1) letter no. 5/1/PP-LKH/K/2015 on Principal Agreement of Forest Area Concession that can be converted into oil palm plantation to PT. Mega Mustika Plantation in Sorong District, West Papua province for an area of 9.168 hectares; and (2) letter No. 6/1/PP-LKH/K/2015 on Principal Agreement of Forest Area Concession that can be converted into oil palm plantation to PT. Cipta Papua Plantation in Sorong district, West Papua for an area of 15.310 hectares.
Both letter has just informed and noticed to Moi indigenous community who reside in the designated area on Monday, April 25, 2016, through meeting invitation letter from Sorong district head of forestry department to discuss about boundary layout.
We consider the decision from LHK Ministry reflect forest management poorness in Indonesia, still orient towards natural resources extraction rather than restructuring natural resources management, pro investors, does not acknowledge even neglecting community rights to participate in development.
The decisions are contradict with constitutions and legal regulations, conflicting with the mission to betterment of forest management and national movement to save natural resources, and also denying the commitment to reduce greenhouse gas emission, as written and stated in:
(1) Law no. 21/2001 on Papua Special Autonomy, in regards to protection of indigenous people rights (art.43);
(2) Presidential Decree no. 8/2015 on Moratorium for new permits and betterment of primary forest and peat land management, first and third dictum;
(3) Declaration of Indonesia Natural Resources Protection, March 2015;
(4) Intended Nationally Determined Contribution Document, December 2015.
The decision is also neglecting aspiration of refusal by Moi indigenous community as the land owners that already delivered to the government on August 2012 and April 2015. Therefore, in the name of constitution and justice for Moi community and the environmental sustainability in Papua and Indonesia in general, we thus DENOUNCE the LHK Ministry letters. We strongly request that LHK Ministry to immediately cancel the principal agreement letter. We also request to Sorong District head of Forestry Department to immediately stop the ongoing process of boundary layout.
Herewith the denounce letter for further consideration and implementation.
Sincerely, the signatories
- Y.L. Franky, PUSAKA, Jakarta
- Septer Manufandu, JERAT Papua, Jayapura, Papua
- Macx Binur, Perkumpulan Belantara Papua, Sorong, Papua Barat
- Victor Mambor, Perkumpulan JUBI, Jayapura, Papua
- Yuyun Indradi, Aktivis Greenpeace Indonesia, Jakarta
- Siti Rakhma Mary, Dosen, President University, Jakarta
- Esau Yaung, Yayasan Paradisea, Manokwari, Papua Barat
- Richart Charles Tawaru, Greenpeace Indonesia di Papua, Sorong, Papua Barat
- Charles Imbir, aktivis, Raja Ampat, Papua Barat
- Esau Rumere, Fakfak, Papua Barat
- Bernard Agapa, aktivis PapuaItuKita, Jakarta
- Dahniar, Direktur Perkumpulan Huma, Jakarta
- M. Kosar, JPIK, Bogor
- Ayu Wulansari, Yayasan Paradisea, Manokwari, Papua Barat
- Robert Melianus Basoka, Yayasan Paradisea, Manokwari, Papua Barat
- Fourly Latul, Yayasan Paradisea, Manokwari, Papua Barat
- Maria Magdalena, Bentara Papua, Manokwari, Papua Barat
- Yanuarius Anouw, Bentara Papua, Manokwari, Papua Barat
- Puspa Dewi, Solidaritas Perempuan, Jakarta.
Email: [email protected]
HP. 0813 1728 6019
Email: [email protected]